"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
These great things are not based off of how well we perform in life, how little we've sinned, or how used our Bible looks. Jesus, His grace, and the life He imagined for us are purely out of His mercy, grace, and great love for us.
I remember a specific worship service at Living Waters Assembly several years ago, that became the turning point for the direction of my life. The piano was playing, the sanctuary was full of people, and this particular worship song began to strum across the strings of my heart. With arms outstretched, I began to sing the words from my heart:
"You said ask and I'll give the nations to you
Oh Lord, thats the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see your light
as it rises on us...You said, Your glory will fill the earth
like water to seas. You said "Lift up your eyes the harvest is here the kingdom is near"
This was my hearts response to the desires God had been placing there...and a moment of surrender to His perfect will. That moment dramatically changed the course of my life, as I would soon after serve in Khartoum, Sudan for 2 years, pursue a ministry degree, and continue to serve where the Lord has led me: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
It has not been the smoothest of journeys, but the most memorable and heart fulfilling all while knowing His hand has been leading. I look back at moments where I questioned whether His hand was even there, but only time would prove He was in every detail.
I welcome you to follow along in this journey with me, I ask you to pray along side of me, and I invite you to invest in what lies ahead!
Would consider sponsoring me? My budget to return to Dar es Salaam is a steep $30,000, which covers medical, housing, living expenses, transportation, etc for a little over a year. I am returning through the Assemblies of God World Missions organization (http://worldmissions.ag.org/regions/africa). Please contact me at 81jameela@gmail.com if you have any questions for would like to make a donation directly to AGWM in my account.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and joining me in this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment