Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Smudged Fingerprints

"You can give without loving. But you cannot love without giving." - Amy Carmichael

At the end of my life, I want to know that I used all my God-given passions, gifts, and abilities to make a positive impact on the world around me. Right now, that opportunity is living and working in Tanzania.

The past few years of my life have prepared me for this opportunity: job experiences, desires of my heart, research, creative ideas, and more! So many things pointed to this opportunity offered me, that I could not refuse. I've always prayed, "God, direct the details of my life and leave your fingerprints smudged all over them that I could not deny it was you!" This is one of those 'fingerprint smudged' moments!

Continuing working with the youth group will be a priority, as well as ministry with children and young adults, but the main project I'll be helping with is the start of a brand new ministry coffee cafe! God definitely smiled on me when He combined two of my favorite things: coffee and missions! The cafe will be placed in the center of a busy, growing city of over 3 million people! Dar is home to over 10 universities and colleges and is an entrepreneur hotspot! The Lord miraculously provided the building space we will be using and in a brand new business complex that would have been way too expensive for us to rent! (again...'fingerprint smudges').

My heart is blessed and humbled that God would give me such a wonderful opportunity....even more that His hand is on the details of my life!


"The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
    when he delights in his way.." Psalm 37:23

No comments:

Post a Comment