"A paper trail is a happy trail." - advice given me from the administrative assistant before me.
When an event was coming that our department sponsored, there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day to complete my work. By the end of the day, the top of my desk and my computer screen would be covered in color coded post-it notes, reminding me of all the little things I had to complete. When I finished completing one task, I would throw that note away and move onto the next one. What a satisfying feeling it was when there were only a handful of post-its left! Her advice to me really helped. As a matter of fact, it began to affect other areas of my life.
There are many times when I am at school, work, in a meeting, or alone that I will become overwhelmed with something or feeling burdened for someone. Grabbing whatever paper I could find or using my computer, I would quickly jot down a heartfelt prayer, tuck the paper away, and move on with the day. Most of the time I would forget about them, until much time had passed and I would come across the prayer I wrote. Since my time being home, I have been following a random 'paper trail' of prayers. Going through storage containers, old journals, through Bibles, old purses, in my jewelry box and even on my computer! All of them share a commonality- surrender and God's faithfulness.
Some of these prayers bring back the emotions with which they were written and others remind me of the prayers I am currently praying. Many of them I have come to see the Lord's hand on and His fulfillment of them. I see how He provided, how He led, and how He remained with me through tough times. With each paper on this trail I find, it brings with it hope and a knowing that God is still in control.
So remember, "A paper trail is a happy trail!" :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment